This award is given to an individual who has made a significant contribution to SAIR over an extended period of time. Each nominee must have been a SAIR member for over five years and cannot be a member of, or a candidate for, the Board of Directors during the year nominated. In addition, two of the following criteria must be met:
- has been a member of the Board of Directors or a chair of either a conference or a presidentially appointed committee;
- has been an officer of, or a recognized leader in the establishment of, a state or special interest group which has been associated with SAIR; and
- has made a professional contribution to SAIR by being actively involved in a combination of the following:
- has presented/contributed papers at a SAIR conference;
- has organized, offered, or acted as a primary participant in workshops at the SAIR annual conference or at workshops sponsored by an affiliated SAIR organization or group;
- has contributed in some other specific significant way that has advanced the professionalism of SAIR.
Members who have been honored with this award: