The 2023 SAIR conference will be held at the Grand Hotel Resort & Spa in Point Clear, Alabama.
“Where hospitality and history come together in Grand style.”
Set on 550 acres of stunning natural beauty, the Grand returns, its stunning transformation complete, debuting as a modern sanctuary of golf, tennis, beach, pools, and spa – an enchanting destination filled with gracious Southern charm. Here, as it has for over 175 years, the Grand Life beckons: with hospitality and warmth flowing through the Resort in cheerful abundance; with pride in our Historic Hotels of America designation, and affiliation with the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail; with the fresh Gulf air around us and the quaint village of Fairhope beside us.
- 405 freshly renovated rooms and suites
- More than 37,000 square feet of meeting space
- Nine dining and bar options, including three uniquely conceived on-site restaurants
- Two 18-hole championship golf courses, part of the famed Robert Trent Jones Trail – Dogwood and Azalea both reopened with TifEagle greens
- 20,000 square foot spa with 12 treatment rooms, plus four styling, manicure, and pedicure stations in the salon
- Ten tennis courts with LED lighting
- Two championship croquet courts
- 10 pickleball courts
- 36-slip marina
- 550 acres overlooking Mobile Bay
- Over 170 years of proud heritage and Southern hospitality
- 5 EV Charging Stations
There is something for everyone at the Grand Hotel- see 72 Things to do at the Grand and start planning your trip!
The negotiated SAIR rate includes Deluxe (Queen/King), Bayside, and Spa Resort rooms for a rate of $159.00 per night, plus resort fees and tax. The deadline date for hotel reservations is September 12, 2023, and reservations received after this date will be based on availability at the hotel's prevailing rates. Please reserve your room by September 12 in order to secure the SAIR rate!
Reserve online at the SAIR 2023 Room Reservation Site
State employees may reserve with the discounted government rate of $137.00 per night, plus resort fees and tax, using the SAIR 2023 Government Room Reservation Site
with the access code SAIRGOV2023. A valid government ID will be required at check-in.
Government rate rooms are first-come, first-serve and based on availability. A valid government ID will be required at check-in.
Airport and Transportation Information
- Self-parking is available to hotel guests at no additional cost.
- For guests visiting the property but not staying overnight, valet parking is available for $16 (one-time in and out, upon availability).
- Overnight valet parking is available for hotel guests at $32 per night.
The Grand Hotel is easily accessible by car as well as by air through both Pensacola International Airport (flypensacola.com) and Mobile Regional Airport (mobileairportauthority.com).
Shuttle services can be arranged through the Grand Hotel Transportation Department once flight plans have been finalized. Additionally, a variety of car rental agencies are located in the Pensacola Airport or Mobile Regional Airport. The drive time for both airports is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes.
The contracted rate for the Grand Hotel Shuttle is $35 per person each way. It is recommended to make reservations once flight plans have been finalized and before September 14, 2023, as the shuttle is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Shuttles will be offered at the following times:
Depart Airport at 12 p.m.
Depart Airport at 3:30 p.m.
Depart Airport at 7 p.m.
Leave hotel at 7 a.m.
Leave hotel at 10 a.m.
Leave hotel at 1 p.m.
There are two ways to book a shuttle reservation:
- Call the Grand Hotel dedicated transportation line, 251-990-6370. If they do not answer, please leave a brief message with your travel dates and contact information.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information is required in order to reserve:
Arrival/Departure Flight Number
Arrival/Departure Flight Time
Cell phone number of arriving guest(s)
Email for confirmation
If you wish to leave at times other than those listed, or if the shuttle has reached capacity at your expected travel time, the Grand Hotel can book alternative transport with another company at their regular standard rates (discounted rate will not apply).